There are several ways to look younger than your real age. Live a healthy lifestyle, eat a balanced diet, drink plenty of water, and get enough sleep. You can also visit your stylist for a new hairdo. What people often forget though, is to visit their dentist. You may be surprised how a simple trip to your dental provider can take years off your real age. Stained and discolored teeth, receding gums and tooth misalignment are common problems of aged teeth. If you really want to look young, include a dentist’s appointment on your list of things to do, and see how your smile significantly improves.
Common Dental Problems and How Cosmetic Dentistry Addresses Them
- Stained/Discolored Teeth – Cosmetic dentistry offers several ways to address this problem, such as, teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, porcelain crowns, or dental bonding. Teeth whitening lightens natural tooth enamel for yellowish stains brought about by smoking or coffee drinking. Veneers, crowns, and dental bonding, on the other hand, are treatments that cover stained/discolored teeth, in cases when teeth whitening isn’t enough.
- Missing Teeth – Dental problems accumulate with age, especially with poor oral care habits. Therefore, it is common to find missing teeth in older people. Dental implants offer a great solution for people with missing teeth. Artificial tooth roots will be implanted into your jawbone to securely hold prosthetic teeth in place. Dental implants are currently considered as the gold standard of teeth replacements because of their durability, longevity, comfort and natural appearance.
- Tooth Misalignment – Oddly spaced, crooked, gapped or misaligned teeth can all be addressed by orthodontics. You can either wear braces or use modern tooth aligners to straighten your teeth. Orthodontists, like Dr. John Rearden are highly trained professionals for misaligned teeth.
- Dental Gaps – Gaps are a very common dental concern. This can be solved by porcelain veneers or dental bonding, as well as orthodontic treatment. Your dentist will need to examine the condition of your teeth, so he can recommend the best course of treatment for you.
- Tooth Chips or Cracks – These cosmetic flaws are not only unsightly, but they’re also bad for the health of your teeth. Chips or cracks create an entryway for bacteria to penetrate your teeth, resulting to decay. Chips or cracks can be addressed by porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, or dental bonding, depending on the severity of the crack. Your dentist will know which of these treatments will suit you best.
You Deserve to Have a Youthful, Beautiful Smile
If you feel that your teeth are giving you an aged appearance, come to Village Family Dental for a consultation. Leading cosmetic dentist, Dr. Rearden, will examine your teeth, listen to your goals, and then discuss the most effective cosmetic dentistry treatment plan for you. There are various treatments available to improve your smile. Make that simple trip to the dentist and keep your friends guessing about your real age. Make your appointment request online or call our office today at (843) 215-2599
Photo Credit: Identity Station